
Ok - so after the first day in Beijing . . . .Although I officially had the day off I could not help myself . . . you know me. So after going to our command centre in th ebasement of the Hyatt (believe me - basement does not give it the credits it deserves. . .. most luxurious office I have ever been in) I got my Chinese mobile phone and did a quick strol along the shops before getting down to business. Some shots of that strol . ..
Left - Chong Wen Men hotel on West Chong Wen Men street. It is a 15 minute walk down the street to the Hyatt where our guests will be staying. Also - great to see many busstops decorated with our posters.

I am sure I will run into many more of these. Unfortunatelly I was too late in catching the ones at the airport - believe it or not the escalator was moving too fast for me to get out the camera. Also enclosed some snapshots of the shopping street which unfortunatelly has a lot of modern concrete buildings but if you venture down the sidestreets you come across some traditional buildings and more authentic sceneries.
See below some of these.

Left: Alley off the main shopping street with many traditional chinese food stals.
Centre: Little Chinese girl in traditional costume and missing her front teeth
Right: Meat stand at a local supermarket
Catch up with you later . . .. . time for sleep after all th efirst impressions.
xx
2 comments:
Great to see the pictures! So shopping is possible... here comes Carina!
Gr, Peterp-Jan
mooie fotos! Vooral die van het meisje ie goed gelukt!
grote knuffel van Liselotte, Cézanne en mij!
Post a Comment