August 21, 2008

And more sports today . . .

Today was the last day with our wave 3 guests - on the agenda (which is quite busy mind you) was mens volleyball - Russia against Bulgaria. That was very exciting and our Russian guests went beserk . .. as Russia won - They had spectacular volleys . . . even dove into the benches to save the ball - quite amazing. After that they had a shopping tour - time which I used for a manicure. Although I was falling asleep and had trouble keeping my eyes open and my head straight, was quite embarrasing but my nails look fabulous !! hahahaha
In the evening we took them for dinner to the OHC (testing your memory - Olympic Hospitality Centre) and then straight on to the Birds nest for Athletics. Records were broken with mens 200meter finals where Jamaica got the gold medal and we sang happy birthday to the athelete - 22 years old . . . See lane 6 and excuse the blur - they where moving sooo fast - 200m in 19.30 seconds I believe it was.
We also saw some pole vault, hurdles, womens hammer throwing (is that a sport?) I may be able to qualify for that . . after all the years of refurbishing in my house. See the image of the stadium to help you get the mere size of it and an amazing view of the watercube from the inside of the birds nest.




Tomorrow is another departure and arrivals day so I will spend my time travelling to and from the airport. I have a very good shift - 08:00 to 16:00 - not like some that need to depart at 04:00 . . . pfff. Hopefully tomorrow a final visit to the HHH - has been a while.
Wave 4 to commence, the last one and then the Games will be over - I will miss it and the people I have met and worked so closely with. Although will be happy to get my sleep back.
xxx

1 comment:

Kinky said...

Carina,

I found an awsome pic from the Birds nest. Let it load and then check it out - pretty cool ;-)

http://www.karikuukka.com/peking2008/100m/

Kinky