The Olympic Village is like a fort - but with an entrance and exit, guarded heavily by military. In order to get in I had to be put on a list, go to a remote metro station, go to a little office (consisting of 2 desks and 5 chairs, get a post it note on my accreditation, take a shuttle to the village and some paperwork . . . . then exchange my accreditation for a paper badge . . . very strange - so much security and such a hideous process. Anyway - once inside you have all the flags on display - high rise appartments and some stores - flower shop, laundry mat, café, souvenir shop and of course an enourmous Lenovo internet café. Strange being surrounded by only athletes - given I am so very sportive I felt right at home . . . ahum. See here the office to get my post it note alias official ok to enter . . . . the image on the right is the Lenovo iLounge - just so you don't mix them up . . .
By the way - the other day whilst having lunch with a colleague, wearing uniform and all accreditations around my neck, I was asked if I was an athelete !!! Ok - given it could not be gymnastics or anything of the kind, but have you seen the shotput ladies? I could easily fit in there !!! no?

No comments:
Post a Comment