August 6, 2008

Censorship? just 2 days to go

Hmmm - peculiar . . . ..

It seems that networking sites have been shut down from China. FYI any comments on Facebook or Hyves I am receiving only the alert but cannot access the site. This is strange as I could upon arrival last week. Not quite shure what it is but I have tried several locations . .. just hope my blog does not get closed down . . .

Today was a quiet day - we did some role plays for airport arrivals that can get quiet messy when expexcting 40 guests in an over-crowded airport. Also we did some walkie talkie training but the "bleeping" things do not seem to work as the networks are overloaded - aparently they do not work on frequency but quiet similarly to mobile phones - although those work. We may just ditch them altogether . . .On the agenda today also a second dry run on the Forbidden Citty as the last time did not quiet go as we would have wanted to.

Tomorrow a quieter day for me at the office - we are expecting arrivals all day and I will be at the Hotel welcoming in our first EMEA guests as they arrive. Unlucky for some who will be posted all day at the airport - and all day literally means all day - arrival airport 5 am and departure at aprox 18.00. I am guessing that after that I will be much bussier as I suspect I may be doing some tours with our EMEA guests. Let's see what tour they select out of the four.

Enclosed some more pictures I must share . .. The Lenovo Olympic Hospitality Lounge (film shows it better) , an internet café (iLounge at the Empark Hotel where the rest of the Lenovo team and th edomestic guests are staying, and our dudes in the Olympic Village in one of the iLounges there . . . unfortunatelly off limits for the guests and myself but they guys were nice enough to send through a picture . . . vanity? or boredom? hmmmmm, I wonder.











Catch you again soon, xxx


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carina,
Ziet er naar uit dat je al een leuke paar dagen achter de rug hebt!!! En in ieder geval ea hebt kunnen zien voordat de echte drukte begint.
Geniet lekker van de voetmassages - voor die prijs kan je elke dag wel even de voetjes laten verwennen! Toch?
Hou het lekker bij - leuk met de foto's er bij enzo!
Liefs en knufs en succes
Marly